The lovable mole woman of New York City is back! Season 01 of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt wonderfully sets up Kimmy and friends as they try to find their footing in New York City. Season 02 continues the jokes but now with more intention to explore each of the characters’ personalities and backstories. It wonderfully joins the line of “comedies that tackle issues” such as Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, The Carmichael Show and You’re The Worst.
- I somehow applaud the writers for being bold enough to tackle the criticisms the show received in its first season. Much of it stemming from the revelation of Jacqueline’s race. Instead of sweeping it under the rug they turned it into a redemption story arc for her character.
- A lot more songs! But sadly nothing that could replace Peeno Noir.
- I have to salute Titus for not running out of Kimmy puns
- I’d legit listen to a Now That Sounds Like Music album
- Praise the sun for a lot more Lilian! Arguably the funniest character of the show
- I like how they explored Mikey the catcalling construction worker in S01
- Season 01 Questions answered by Season 02:
- Why Kimmy’s deceptively physically strong
- Why Kimmy’s afraid of Velcro
- Titus’s marriage
- Robert Durst and John Mayer jokes are aplenty
- So many celebrity guests! Fred Armisen, Joshua Jackson, Zosia Mamet, ANna Camp, David Cross, Kenan Thompson, Jeff Goldblum, Ice-T, Lisa Kudrow and Cricket from Always Sunny In Philadelphia
- Mikey’s grandmother is suuuper creepy
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Season 02 is available for streaming via Netflix